he defending World Series champion St. Louis Cardinals stormed back from a six-run deficit to beat the Washington Nationals 9-7 in a win-or-go-home Game 5 of the National League Division Series Friday night. No other baseball team in history has come back from more than four runs down to win "in this sort of ultimate pressure situation." Well, "we never quit," said the Cards' Yadier Molina. "That's our rule." The Cardinals now face the San Francisco Giants in the National League Championship Series. In the American League, the New York Yankees will face off against the Detroit Tigers in the next round.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
Subscribe to the Week