he defending World Series champion St. Louis Cardinals stormed back from a six-run deficit to beat the Washington Nationals 9-7 in a win-or-go-home Game 5 of the National League Division Series Friday night. No other baseball team in history has come back from more than four runs down to win "in this sort of ultimate pressure situation." Well, "we never quit," said the Cards' Yadier Molina. "That's our rule." The Cardinals now face the San Francisco Giants in the National League Championship Series. In the American League, the New York Yankees will face off against the Detroit Tigers in the next round.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- The man who sued his wife for birthing an ugly baby
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- The indignity of canine bath time
Subscribe to the Week