he defending World Series champion St. Louis Cardinals stormed back from a six-run deficit to beat the Washington Nationals 9-7 in a win-or-go-home Game 5 of the National League Division Series Friday night. No other baseball team in history has come back from more than four runs down to win "in this sort of ultimate pressure situation." Well, "we never quit," said the Cards' Yadier Molina. "That's our rule." The Cardinals now face the San Francisco Giants in the National League Championship Series. In the American League, the New York Yankees will face off against the Detroit Tigers in the next round.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week