pple's smaller version of the iPad will reportedly be unveiled on Oct. 23. That's three days before competitor Microsoft releases its Surface tablet and two day's before Apple releases its latest earnings report. Unlike Apple's September unveiling of the iPhone 5, the iPad Mini event will likely be "an intimate affair."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week