Apple's smaller version of the iPad will reportedly be unveiled on Oct. 23. That's three days before competitor Microsoft releases its Surface tablet and two day's before Apple releases its latest earnings report. Unlike Apple's September unveiling of the iPhone 5, the iPad Mini event will likely be "an intimate affair."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Stop hating on cyclists
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week