uring Game 1 of the American League Championship series, the New York Yankees lost to the Detroit Tigers, and also lost the captain of their team. Derek Jeter fractured his left ankle after attempting a diving stop on a grounder by Detroit Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta during the 12th inning of the game. Jeter will need at least three months to recover, so will be unable to play in the remainder of the Yankees' postseason.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- The secrets of happy families
- The last racial taboo
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
Subscribe to the Week