Mitt Romney and President Obama are staying out of the public eye on Monday, pouring all their energy into the second presidential debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y. on Tuesday. A lot of pressure is on Obama, who has been heavily criticized for performing poorly during the last face-off. The president has been trying to regain focus at a three-day "debate camp" in Williamsburg, Va. Romney is practicing near his home in Massachusetts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- How to be a moral internet citizen on the often-immoral internet
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week