Mitt Romney and President Obama are staying out of the public eye on Monday, pouring all their energy into the second presidential debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y. on Tuesday. A lot of pressure is on Obama, who has been heavily criticized for performing poorly during the last face-off. The president has been trying to regain focus at a three-day "debate camp" in Williamsburg, Va. Romney is practicing near his home in Massachusetts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
Subscribe to the Week