he feds are probing Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) for allegedly suspicious activity involving the lawmaker's finances related to his House seat, and the possibility of inappropriate spending. The investigation was underway in the weeks before Jackson took medical leave from Congress in June to seek treatment for bipolar disorder. Jackson's attorney's would not comment.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week