Mitt Romney's campaign and the Republican National Committee raised a combined $170.4 million in September, a hefty haul that will help the campaign fund an advertising blitz in the final weeks before Election Day on Nov. 6. However, the GOP fell short of the $181 million that President Obama and the Democratic National Committee raised during the month.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How to flirt, according to science
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week