Mitt Romney's campaign and the Republican National Committee raised a combined $170.4 million in September, a hefty haul that will help the campaign fund an advertising blitz in the final weeks before Election Day on Nov. 6. However, the GOP fell short of the $181 million that President Obama and the Democratic National Committee raised during the month.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week