Mitt Romney's campaign and the Republican National Committee raised a combined $170.4 million in September, a hefty haul that will help the campaign fund an advertising blitz in the final weeks before Election Day on Nov. 6. However, the GOP fell short of the $181 million that President Obama and the Democratic National Committee raised during the month.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Girls on Film: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay isn't an action movie. It's a war movie.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week