Mitt Romney's campaign and the Republican National Committee raised a combined $170.4 million in September, a hefty haul that will help the campaign fund an advertising blitz in the final weeks before Election Day on Nov. 6. However, the GOP fell short of the $181 million that President Obama and the Democratic National Committee raised during the month.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
Subscribe to the Week