The producers of the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards announced Monday that comedians Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will host next year's ceremony, on Jan. 13. Fey and Poehler have teamed up together before, as co-anchors of Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update and in the movie Baby Mama. "Tina and Amy have a proven chemistry and comedic timing from their many years together," says NBC's Paul Telegdy. Landing them to host the broadcast "is a major coup."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- The Obama administration's non-stop incoherence on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week