The producers of the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards announced Monday that comedians Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will host next year's ceremony, on Jan. 13. Fey and Poehler have teamed up together before, as co-anchors of Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update and in the movie Baby Mama. "Tina and Amy have a proven chemistry and comedic timing from their many years together," says NBC's Paul Telegdy. Landing them to host the broadcast "is a major coup."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week