The producers of the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards announced Monday that comedians Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will host next year's ceremony, on Jan. 13. Fey and Poehler have teamed up together before, as co-anchors of Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update and in the movie Baby Mama. "Tina and Amy have a proven chemistry and comedic timing from their many years together," says NBC's Paul Telegdy. Landing them to host the broadcast "is a major coup."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Britain has basically decriminalized internet piracy. The U.S. should, too.
Subscribe to the Week