The producers of the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards announced Monday that comedians Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will host next year's ceremony, on Jan. 13. Fey and Poehler have teamed up together before, as co-anchors of Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update and in the movie Baby Mama. "Tina and Amy have a proven chemistry and comedic timing from their many years together," says NBC's Paul Telegdy. Landing them to host the broadcast "is a major coup."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week