The producers of the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards announced Monday that comedians Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will host next year's ceremony, on Jan. 13. Fey and Poehler have teamed up together before, as co-anchors of Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update and in the movie Baby Mama. "Tina and Amy have a proven chemistry and comedic timing from their many years together," says NBC's Paul Telegdy. Landing them to host the broadcast "is a major coup."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week