itigroup chief executive Vikram Pandit resigned as head of one of the world's largest banks on Tuesday, as did president and Chief Operating Officer John Havens, a long-time associate of Pandit. Michael Corbat, previously the head of Citi's Europe, Middle East, and Africa divisions, is replacing Pandit. Citigroup did not give a reason for the change of leadership, but Pandit said in a statement that he has "concluded that now is the right time for someone else to take the helm at Citigroup." His resignation is effective immediately.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week