Citigroup chief executive Vikram Pandit resigned as head of one of the world's largest banks on Tuesday, as did president and Chief Operating Officer John Havens, a long-time associate of Pandit. Michael Corbat, previously the head of Citi's Europe, Middle East, and Africa divisions, is replacing Pandit. Citigroup did not give a reason for the change of leadership, but Pandit said in a statement that he has "concluded that now is the right time for someone else to take the helm at Citigroup." His resignation is effective immediately.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- How to make any veggie burger without a recipe
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week