itigroup chief executive Vikram Pandit resigned as head of one of the world's largest banks on Tuesday, as did president and Chief Operating Officer John Havens, a long-time associate of Pandit. Michael Corbat, previously the head of Citi's Europe, Middle East, and Africa divisions, is replacing Pandit. Citigroup did not give a reason for the change of leadership, but Pandit said in a statement that he has "concluded that now is the right time for someone else to take the helm at Citigroup." His resignation is effective immediately.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week