Citigroup chief executive Vikram Pandit resigned as head of one of the world's largest banks on Tuesday, as did president and Chief Operating Officer John Havens, a long-time associate of Pandit. Michael Corbat, previously the head of Citi's Europe, Middle East, and Africa divisions, is replacing Pandit. Citigroup did not give a reason for the change of leadership, but Pandit said in a statement that he has "concluded that now is the right time for someone else to take the helm at Citigroup." His resignation is effective immediately.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- Why I choose not to be rich
- What if The Purge was real?
- Here's the last time Russia shot down a passenger plane
Subscribe to the Week