Citigroup chief executive Vikram Pandit resigned as head of one of the world's largest banks on Tuesday, as did president and Chief Operating Officer John Havens, a long-time associate of Pandit. Michael Corbat, previously the head of Citi's Europe, Middle East, and Africa divisions, is replacing Pandit. Citigroup did not give a reason for the change of leadership, but Pandit said in a statement that he has "concluded that now is the right time for someone else to take the helm at Citigroup." His resignation is effective immediately.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week