For President Obama:
1. Why would a second term be better then a first?
2. How come you didn't help me fix my mortgage but bailed out the banks?
3. You promised that America's reputation in the world would be restored after what George Bush did to it. How come that hasn't happened?
4. ObamaCare is going to force me to lay off employees. What would you like me to tell them?
5. What's been your biggest mistake and how would you fix it in your second term?
For Gov. Romney:
1. How will cutting taxes for millionaires reduce the deficit? Specifically, how do you make up for $5 trillion you'd add to the debt?
2. How will you ensure that my partner gets the same federal benefits as those given to heterosexual married people? Why is it fair that they get preferential tax treatment and other protections and we can't, even though we've been together for two decades?
3. What specifically would you do to Iran and in Syria that President Obama isn't doing?
4. Why do you seem to flip flop on every issue?
5. How has the Great Recession affected you personally?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Are hedge funds doomed?
Subscribe to the Week