President Barack Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney square off tonight at 9 p.m. ET at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y. For a preview of what's in store, check out our viewer's guide, or go back in time for a comprehensive history of presidential debates. There has been much controversy surrounding this debate's town hall format, with both sides reportedly concerned about how active a role moderator Candy Crowley will play in helping to steer questions from undecided voters, this year's most elusive demographic. And don't miss: 5 ways Mitt Romney can have another strong debate performance, and 5 ways Obama can bounce back and win this one.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week