President Barack Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney square off tonight at 9 p.m. ET at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y. For a preview of what's in store, check out our viewer's guide, or go back in time for a comprehensive history of presidential debates. There has been much controversy surrounding this debate's town hall format, with both sides reportedly concerned about how active a role moderator Candy Crowley will play in helping to steer questions from undecided voters, this year's most elusive demographic. And don't miss: 5 ways Mitt Romney can have another strong debate performance, and 5 ways Obama can bounce back and win this one.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week