President Barack Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney square off tonight at 9 p.m. ET at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y. For a preview of what's in store, check out our viewer's guide, or go back in time for a comprehensive history of presidential debates. There has been much controversy surrounding this debate's town hall format, with both sides reportedly concerned about how active a role moderator Candy Crowley will play in helping to steer questions from undecided voters, this year's most elusive demographic. And don't miss: 5 ways Mitt Romney can have another strong debate performance, and 5 ways Obama can bounce back and win this one.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Surviving a plane crash
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Stop freaking out over the West's jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week