President Barack Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney square off tonight at 9 p.m. ET at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y. For a preview of what's in store, check out our viewer's guide, or go back in time for a comprehensive history of presidential debates. There has been much controversy surrounding this debate's town hall format, with both sides reportedly concerned about how active a role moderator Candy Crowley will play in helping to steer questions from undecided voters, this year's most elusive demographic. And don't miss: 5 ways Mitt Romney can have another strong debate performance, and 5 ways Obama can bounce back and win this one.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week