Thieves stole several valuable paintings from the Kunsthal museum in Rotterdam, Holland, including works by Picasso, Monet, Gaugin, and Matisse. The heist is considered one of the most audacious in recent memory, and Dutch police have yet to divulge details on how the robbers pulled off the caper. Analysts say the thieves may seek a ransom for the paintings, or sell them on the black market for a fraction of their actual value.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week