hieves stole several valuable paintings from the Kunsthal museum in Rotterdam, Holland, including works by Picasso, Monet, Gaugin, and Matisse. The heist is considered one of the most audacious in recent memory, and Dutch police have yet to divulge details on how the robbers pulled off the caper. Analysts say the thieves may seek a ransom for the paintings, or sell them on the black market for a fraction of their actual value.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- How Captain America won over China
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week