Thieves stole several valuable paintings from the Kunsthal museum in Rotterdam, Holland, including works by Picasso, Monet, Gaugin, and Matisse. The heist is considered one of the most audacious in recent memory, and Dutch police have yet to divulge details on how the robbers pulled off the caper. Analysts say the thieves may seek a ransom for the paintings, or sell them on the black market for a fraction of their actual value.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week