hieves stole several valuable paintings from the Kunsthal museum in Rotterdam, Holland, including works by Picasso, Monet, Gaugin, and Matisse. The heist is considered one of the most audacious in recent memory, and Dutch police have yet to divulge details on how the robbers pulled off the caper. Analysts say the thieves may seek a ransom for the paintings, or sell them on the black market for a fraction of their actual value.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week