President Barack Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney square off tonight at 9 p.m. ET at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y. There has been much controversy surrounding the town hall format for tonight's debate, with both sides reportedly concerned about how active a role moderator Candy Crowley will play in helping to steer questions from undecided voters, this year's most elusive demographic.
We posed this question to readers: If you were attending tonight's debate between President Obama and his rival Mitt Romney, what would you ask them? Here, some of their thoughtful responses.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week