ederal agents on Tuesday raided the Massachusetts pharmacy linked to a nation-wide meningitis outbreak that has killed 16 people and sickened more than 200. The New England Compounding Center has voluntarily recalled batches of a tainted steroid tied to the outbreak and has since shut down. The raid comes as critics call for an investigation into whether the pharmacy broke federal laws dealing with controlled substances.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 2 proven ways to increase your willpower — courtesy of the Cookie Monster
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
Subscribe to the Week