ederal agents on Tuesday raided the Massachusetts pharmacy linked to a nation-wide meningitis outbreak that has killed 16 people and sickened more than 200. The New England Compounding Center has voluntarily recalled batches of a tainted steroid tied to the outbreak and has since shut down. The raid comes as critics call for an investigation into whether the pharmacy broke federal laws dealing with controlled substances.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week