ederal agents on Tuesday raided the Massachusetts pharmacy linked to a nation-wide meningitis outbreak that has killed 16 people and sickened more than 200. The New England Compounding Center has voluntarily recalled batches of a tainted steroid tied to the outbreak and has since shut down. The raid comes as critics call for an investigation into whether the pharmacy broke federal laws dealing with controlled substances.
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
Subscribe to the Week