4.6-magnitude earthquake rattled Portland, Maine on Tuesday evening, with tremors being felt all across New England. According to WCSH-TV in Portland, Maine, there was minor damage — like food falling off of store shelves — near the epicenter of the quake. Some cell phone service outages were also reported. Residents in New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut said they felt the rare quake.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week