It's official: New York City is the most expensive place to live in America. For the first time, the area code of 10065, which surrounds the Upper East Side, was ranked No. 1 on Forbes' annual list. Next up was Alpine, N.J., followed by Atherton, Calif.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Terrorists are threatening to attack movie theaters showing The Interview. You should go see it anyway.
Subscribe to the Week