he Commerce Department reported on Wednesday that housing starts in the U.S. surged by 15 percent in September to a four-year high, the latest evidence that a recovery is underway in the long-moribund housing market. Analysts say a full-fledged recovery could drive the broader economy, lifting home prices, encouraging consumer spending, and catalyzing activity in several important industries, including construction and manufacturing.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The Black Death is back
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Marco Rubio wants his conservative cred back
Subscribe to the Week