n the aftermath of Tuesday's presidential debate in New York — a town-hall face-off that President Obama was widely believed to have won — conservatives cried foul over debate moderator Candy Crowley, saying she unfairly and inaccurately questioned Mitt Romney's claims on the White House's Libya response. Conservatives also claimed that Romney proved to be the more formidable debater when it came to the economy. For their part, liberals seized on Romney's unfortunately phrased "binders full of women" line and Romney's alleged Libya distortions. Meanwhile, fact-checkers across the nation tried to sift through the debate's many half-truths and outright lies. Next up: The third and final presidential debate, on Monday, Oct. 22.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week