n the aftermath of Tuesday's presidential debate in New York — a town-hall face-off that President Obama was widely believed to have won — conservatives cried foul over debate moderator Candy Crowley, saying she unfairly and inaccurately questioned Mitt Romney's claims on the White House's Libya response. Conservatives also claimed that Romney proved to be the more formidable debater when it came to the economy. For their part, liberals seized on Romney's unfortunately phrased "binders full of women" line and Romney's alleged Libya distortions. Meanwhile, fact-checkers across the nation tried to sift through the debate's many half-truths and outright lies. Next up: The third and final presidential debate, on Monday, Oct. 22.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week