tock markets surged around the world early Thursday after fresh Chinese data boosted optimism over the state of the global economy. China's industrial output improved slightly in September, and the country's gross domestic product grew by 7.4 percent in the third quarter, which marked the slowest pace since early 2009 but still met expectations.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week