Apple has lost an appeal over a ruling that Samsung's Galaxy tablet did not copy the iPad. A British judge had originally ruled in July that Samsung didn't mimic Apple's design, saying the Korean company's products were not as "cool" as the iPad, and lacked its extreme simplicity. A British appellate court on Thursday ordered Apple to post notices on its website and in newspaper ads — in font size no smaller than 14 points — saying that Samsung didn't copy it.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
Subscribe to the Week