pple has lost an appeal over a ruling that Samsung's Galaxy tablet did not copy the iPad. A British judge had originally ruled in July that Samsung didn't mimic Apple's design, saying the Korean company's products were not as "cool" as the iPad, and lacked its extreme simplicity. A British appellate court on Thursday ordered Apple to post notices on its website and in newspaper ads — in font size no smaller than 14 points — saying that Samsung didn't copy it.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week