pple has lost an appeal over a ruling that Samsung's Galaxy tablet did not copy the iPad. A British judge had originally ruled in July that Samsung didn't mimic Apple's design, saying the Korean company's products were not as "cool" as the iPad, and lacked its extreme simplicity. A British appellate court on Thursday ordered Apple to post notices on its website and in newspaper ads — in font size no smaller than 14 points — saying that Samsung didn't copy it.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week