Apple has lost an appeal over a ruling that Samsung's Galaxy tablet did not copy the iPad. A British judge had originally ruled in July that Samsung didn't mimic Apple's design, saying the Korean company's products were not as "cool" as the iPad, and lacked its extreme simplicity. A British appellate court on Thursday ordered Apple to post notices on its website and in newspaper ads — in font size no smaller than 14 points — saying that Samsung didn't copy it.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
Subscribe to the Week