new poll from the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press shows that Mitt Romney has made large gains on President Obama on the issue of foreign policy. Obama still leads Romney, with 47 percent of respondents saying the president would do a better job on foreign policy, compared with 43 percent for Romney. However, Romney trailed Obama by a whopping 15 percentage points as recently as September, once again showing the huge lift the GOP candidate received from his strong performance in the first presidential debate. Obama and Romney are scheduled to face off on foreign policy in the third debate on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 2 proven ways to increase your willpower — courtesy of the Cookie Monster
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
Subscribe to the Week