new poll from the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press shows that Mitt Romney has made large gains on President Obama on the issue of foreign policy. Obama still leads Romney, with 47 percent of respondents saying the president would do a better job on foreign policy, compared with 43 percent for Romney. However, Romney trailed Obama by a whopping 15 percentage points as recently as September, once again showing the huge lift the GOP candidate received from his strong performance in the first presidential debate. Obama and Romney are scheduled to face off on foreign policy in the third debate on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- That 'world's toughest job' ad is actually full of horrible lessons on motherhood
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week