IA Director David Petraeus, the former commander of NATO and U.S. forces in Afghanistan, is asking the White House to significantly beef up the agency's fleet of armed drones. By adding up to 10 to a force of 30 to 35, the CIA would be able to continue its lethal strikes against al Qaeda in Pakistan and Yemen and, if necessary, go after new threats in North Africa and other places. "With what happened in Libya," one official told The Washington Post, "we're realizing that these places are going to heat up."
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The executioners' lament
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
Subscribe to the Week