he Detroit Tigers won a spot in Major League Baseball's World Series by beating the New York Yankees 8-1 Thursday to complete a four-game sweep of the AL championship series. Miguel Cabrera and Jhonny Peralta hit two-run homers in the fourth inning to seal the Yankees' fate. It was the first time the storied New York team had been swept in a postseason series in 32 years.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' 'white Santa' claim
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How the budget deal could pave the way for immigration reform
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- 10 things you need to know today: December 13, 2013
- The Black Death is back
- A candid look at what went wrong with Mitt Romney's campaign
- What one thing can determine whether or not you're successful in life?
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
Subscribe to the Week