The Detroit Tigers won a spot in Major League Baseball's World Series by beating the New York Yankees 8-1 Thursday to complete a four-game sweep of the AL championship series. Miguel Cabrera and Jhonny Peralta hit two-run homers in the fourth inning to seal the Yankees' fate. It was the first time the storied New York team had been swept in a postseason series in 32 years.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- How America's broken immigration system is failing the military
Subscribe to the Week