President Obama "turned his opponent's name into an ailment" on Friday, accusing GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney of having "Romnesia" for suddenly espousing moderate views rather than the conservative ones he put forth during the Republican primary race. "He's forgetting what his own positions are, and he's betting that you will, too," Obama told a crowd of about 9,000 in the battleground state of Virginia.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week