The Dow Jones Industrial Average on Friday had its worst day in four months, following a string of disappointing earnings reports from Microsoft, General Electric, and McDonald's. The Dow fell 205 points, or 1.5 percent, to close at 13,344, while the larger S&P 500 index dipped 24 points, or 1.7 percent, to end at 1,433.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
Subscribe to the Week