he Dow Jones Industrial Average on Friday had its worst day in four months, following a string of disappointing earnings reports from Microsoft, General Electric, and McDonald's. The Dow fell 205 points, or 1.5 percent, to close at 13,344, while the larger S&P 500 index dipped 24 points, or 1.7 percent, to end at 1,433.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
Subscribe to the Week