he Dow Jones Industrial Average on Friday had its worst day in four months, following a string of disappointing earnings reports from Microsoft, General Electric, and McDonald's. The Dow fell 205 points, or 1.5 percent, to close at 13,344, while the larger S&P 500 index dipped 24 points, or 1.7 percent, to end at 1,433.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
Subscribe to the Week