The Dow Jones Industrial Average on Friday had its worst day in four months, following a string of disappointing earnings reports from Microsoft, General Electric, and McDonald's. The Dow fell 205 points, or 1.5 percent, to close at 13,344, while the larger S&P 500 index dipped 24 points, or 1.7 percent, to end at 1,433.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- How to save Meet the Press
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week