yrian President Bashar al-Assad met with U.N. special envoy for peace Lakhdar Brahimi on Sunday. Brahimi has urged both sides in the Syrian crisis that has gone on for 19 months and left thousands dead to support a ceasefire during the four-day Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha that begins Oct. 26. But while the two were in their meeting, the violence continued with a car bomb exploding near a police station in Bab Touma, the Christian quarter of Damascus' Old City, killing at least 10 people and wounding others.
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- The indignity of canine bath time
- 'You and I' vs. 'You and me'
- How to dramatically improve your memory
Subscribe to the Week