n Sunday morning, 45-year-old former Marine and car salesman Radcliffe Haughton walked into the Azana Salon and Spa in the Milwaukee suburb of Brookfield and shot seven women, killing three of them and then himself, in what police are calling an offshoot of domestic violence. Haughton's estranged wife, Zina, worked as a hair stylist at the salon, and had recently secured a four-year restraining order against her husband. Police have not released the names of any of the victims; the four women wounded in the shooting are all expected to survive.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How to flirt, according to science
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
Subscribe to the Week