On Sunday morning, 45-year-old former Marine and car salesman Radcliffe Haughton walked into the Azana Salon and Spa in the Milwaukee suburb of Brookfield and shot seven women, killing three of them and then himself, in what police are calling an offshoot of domestic violence. Haughton's estranged wife, Zina, worked as a hair stylist at the salon, and had recently secured a four-year restraining order against her husband. Police have not released the names of any of the victims; the four women wounded in the shooting are all expected to survive.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week