ordan's government says it has arrested 11 men linked to al Qaeda's Iraq affiliate who were plotting a major terrorist attack that was to include near-simultaneous strikes similar to the Mumbai attacks of 2008. The government says the alleged plotters, all Jordanian nationals, had amassed a huge arsenal of explosives and weapons from the battlefield in neighboring Syria, and intended to divert security forces with attacks on shopping centers and cafes, then launch a wave of attacks against government buildings and embassies, including America's.
- Batman vs. Superman: Everything we know so far
- Fox News has already lost its War on Christmas
- How to ace a job interview: 7 evidence-based hacks
- Watch The Daily Show laugh at the EPA's lazy CIA wannabe
- Turns out, you can die from laughing too hard
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How could hackers steal 40 million credit card numbers from Target?
- How the vitamin industrial complex swindled America
- Why are Democrats souring on big government?
- How to give birth (100 years ago)
Subscribe to the Week