ordan's government says it has arrested 11 men linked to al Qaeda's Iraq affiliate who were plotting a major terrorist attack that was to include near-simultaneous strikes similar to the Mumbai attacks of 2008. The government says the alleged plotters, all Jordanian nationals, had amassed a huge arsenal of explosives and weapons from the battlefield in neighboring Syria, and intended to divert security forces with attacks on shopping centers and cafes, then launch a wave of attacks against government buildings and embassies, including America's.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
8 Facebook misfires that ruined lives
Subscribe to the Week