On Monday the International Cycling Union officially stripped Lance Armstrong of his seven Tour de France titles following the release of a damning report of a drug investigation by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. The 41-year-old cancer survivor is just the latest in a line of top athletes to see their once-sparkling legacies shattered. A look at nine other athletes who fell from grace:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week