Before they were headlining movies and TV shows, these celebs were just like everyone else trying to make it in Hollywood: thrilled to call home to report that the "Flight Attendant #3" role was totally in the bag. Check out a few of today's big names back when they were cast as no-names.
1. Jason Segel as "Watermelon Guy" in Can't Hardly Wait
2. Lucy Liu as waitress on Beverly Hills 90210
3. Alexis Bledel as an unnamed student in Rushmore
4. Michelle Williams as Brad's girlfriend on Home Improvement
I vividly remember this "Brad wearing makeup" plot line.
5. Jack Black as a taxi driver on The Golden Palace
Best combo ever?
6. Ben Stiller as "Fast Eddie Felcher" on Miami Vice
7. Steve Carell as "Tesio" in Curly Sue
8. Jane Lynch as Gladys the radio caller in Straight Talk
9. Kristen Stewart as "Ring Toss Girl" in The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
Literally blink and you'll miss it.
10. Hey girl, it's Ryan Gosling as Jamie Leary in Are You Afraid of the Dark?
I had no idea there were entire episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark? on YouTube. There goes my weekend. If, for some reason, you don't want to watch this whole episode, you'll find Ryan if you start at about 3:05.
11. Ben Affleck as basketball player #10 in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
12. Megan Fox as "Stars-and-Stripes Bikini Kid Dancing Under Waterfall" in Bad Boys II.
She was 15 when she filmed it.
13. Eva Longoria as "Flight Attendant #3" on an episode of Beverly Hills, 90210.
14. Patrick Dempsey as "Underground Stuff Buyer #2" in The Stuff
This is a horror movie about… wait for it… ice cream.
15. Angelina Jolie in Meatloaf's "Rock 'N' Roll Dreams Come Through"
I know it's not a bit part, but this was too good to exclude.
16. Catherine Zeta Jones as a belly dancer on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
17. Jennifer Lawrence as a high school mascot on Monk
More from Mental Floss...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
Subscribe to the Week