ahoo on Monday reported better-than-expected earnings for the third quarter, sending its share price up by 3 percent in after-hours trading. Excluding its sale of Chinese internet giant Alibaba last month, which brought in a one-time quarterly gain of $2.8 billion, Yahoo posted $177 million in net income. It is the company's first quarterly report since hiring Marissa Mayer, a former Google executive, to helm the company. Despite the improved earnings, analysts say the gloomy outlook for Yahoo won't change until Mayer outlines her plan for turning the company around.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 'Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- The executioners' lament
- What makes a word the word of the year?
Subscribe to the Week