The San Francisco Giants shut out the St. Louis Cardinals 9-0 in game seven of the NL championship series Monday night, earning a spot in the World Series against the Detroit Tigers. Two years after winning their first crown in San Francisco, the Giants will square off against the AL champion Tigers to see which team will reign in professional baseball. "We showed up here to win," Giants center fielder Angel Pagan said. "And we're going to carry that over into the World Series."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week