The San Francisco Giants shut out the St. Louis Cardinals 9-0 in game seven of the NL championship series Monday night, earning a spot in the World Series against the Detroit Tigers. Two years after winning their first crown in San Francisco, the Giants will square off against the AL champion Tigers to see which team will reign in professional baseball. "We showed up here to win," Giants center fielder Angel Pagan said. "And we're going to carry that over into the World Series."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week