he San Francisco Giants shut out the St. Louis Cardinals 9-0 in game seven of the NL championship series Monday night, earning a spot in the World Series against the Detroit Tigers. Two years after winning their first crown in San Francisco, the Giants will square off against the AL champion Tigers to see which team will reign in professional baseball. "We showed up here to win," Giants center fielder Angel Pagan said. "And we're going to carry that over into the World Series."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
Subscribe to the Week