he Food and Drug Administration has released reports on five cases over the last three years in which people died after drinking Monster, an energy drink loaded with caffeine. Monster Beverage Corp. is also being sued by the family of of a 14-year-old Maryland girl who had a heart condition and died after downing two large cans of the drink over 24 hours. Shares of Monster Beverage Corp. shot down by 14 percent after the FDA's Monday announcement, although the reports do not definitively link Monster Energy to any of the deaths or other health problems.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
Subscribe to the Week