tropical storm watch has been issued for southeast Florida, as Tropical Storm Sandy gained strength in the Caribbean and headed north. The storm is expected to build to weak hurricane strength, and could begin pelting the Florida Keys and nearby parts of the state's mainland within two days. Its current track, however, has its strongest winds remaining offshore as it continues up the U.S. coast.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week