Facebook's stock on Wednesday climbed 21 percent to close at $23.57, its best one-day performance since the company debuted on the stock market in May. Investors were elated by the news that Facebook had made $150 million in revenue from mobile ads in the third quarter, an indication that the social network had figured out a way to make money from people using Facebook on their smartphones.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week