Facebook's stock on Wednesday climbed 21 percent to close at $23.57, its best one-day performance since the company debuted on the stock market in May. Investors were elated by the news that Facebook had made $150 million in revenue from mobile ads in the third quarter, an indication that the social network had figured out a way to make money from people using Facebook on their smartphones.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week