acebook's stock on Wednesday climbed 21 percent to close at $23.57, its best one-day performance since the company debuted on the stock market in May. Investors were elated by the news that Facebook had made $150 million in revenue from mobile ads in the third quarter, an indication that the social network had figured out a way to make money from people using Facebook on their smartphones.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week