Facebook's stock on Wednesday climbed 21 percent to close at $23.57, its best one-day performance since the company debuted on the stock market in May. Investors were elated by the news that Facebook had made $150 million in revenue from mobile ads in the third quarter, an indication that the social network had figured out a way to make money from people using Facebook on their smartphones.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The next pandemic
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week