Facebook's stock on Wednesday climbed 21 percent to close at $23.57, its best one-day performance since the company debuted on the stock market in May. Investors were elated by the news that Facebook had made $150 million in revenue from mobile ads in the third quarter, an indication that the social network had figured out a way to make money from people using Facebook on their smartphones.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week