n an appearance on CBS This Morning on Thursday, former Secretary of State Colin Powell, who served under George W. Bush, endorsed President Obama for re-election. Powell, who supported Obama in 2008, said he would "stick with" the president in 2012, citing Obama's work on the economy and foreign policy as the main reasons. "I think generally we've come out of the dive and starting to gain altitude," he said, adding that he thinks GOP challenger Mitt Romney is a "moving target" for saying things during Monday night's foreign policy debate that contradicted his previous positions on issues like when to pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- 6 people who survived their own executions
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
Subscribe to the Week