n an email to team executives, NBA Commissioner David Stern announced he was stepping down as head of the organization on Feb. 1, 2014. Taking his place will be Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver, who was handpicked to replace Stern by the NBA's Board of Governors. "Adam is a world-class business executive who has influenced so many areas of our business during his 20-year tenure with the league," Stern wrote in the email. "I know that the organization will be in very good hands when Adam becomes Commissioner."
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Laura van den Berg's 6 favorite unconventional mystery novels
- Why European women are still smoking like chimneys
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- China's massive pollution problem
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
Subscribe to the Week