In an email to team executives, NBA Commissioner David Stern announced he was stepping down as head of the organization on Feb. 1, 2014. Taking his place will be Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver, who was handpicked to replace Stern by the NBA's Board of Governors. "Adam is a world-class business executive who has influenced so many areas of our business during his 20-year tenure with the league," Stern wrote in the email. "I know that the organization will be in very good hands when Adam becomes Commissioner."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- 5 deliciously creative oats recipes
Subscribe to the Week