n an email to team executives, NBA Commissioner David Stern announced he was stepping down as head of the organization on Feb. 1, 2014. Taking his place will be Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver, who was handpicked to replace Stern by the NBA's Board of Governors. "Adam is a world-class business executive who has influenced so many areas of our business during his 20-year tenure with the league," Stern wrote in the email. "I know that the organization will be in very good hands when Adam becomes Commissioner."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week