mazon posted a larger loss than analysts expected, despite impressive sales, in its third-quarter earnings report released late Thursday. The company saw a net loss of $274 million on sales of $13.81 billion, falling just short of Wall Street estimates. Amazon also posted a loss of $169 million related to the company's stake in LivingSocial, a Groupon competitor that Amazon originally invested $175 million in. Following the news, the company's share prices took a slight tumble, down 6.28 percent in after-hours trading.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- The wrongheaded law that's making your food less safe
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week