mazon posted a larger loss than analysts expected, despite impressive sales, in its third-quarter earnings report released late Thursday. The company saw a net loss of $274 million on sales of $13.81 billion, falling just short of Wall Street estimates. Amazon also posted a loss of $169 million related to the company's stake in LivingSocial, a Groupon competitor that Amazon originally invested $175 million in. Following the news, the company's share prices took a slight tumble, down 6.28 percent in after-hours trading.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What Pope John Paul II could have learned from Sinead O'Connor
Subscribe to the Week