mazon posted a larger loss than analysts expected, despite impressive sales, in its third-quarter earnings report released late Thursday. The company saw a net loss of $274 million on sales of $13.81 billion, falling just short of Wall Street estimates. Amazon also posted a loss of $169 million related to the company's stake in LivingSocial, a Groupon competitor that Amazon originally invested $175 million in. Following the news, the company's share prices took a slight tumble, down 6.28 percent in after-hours trading.
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
Subscribe to the Week