resident Obama on Thursday became the first sitting president to cast his vote early, part of a push by his campaign to encourage early voting. Obama voted at a station in his hometown of Chicago, after having his identification checked by a poll worker. (Obama told him to just ignore the fact that he has no gray hair in his picture.) "I can't tell you who I voted for," Obama told reporters after he successfully submitted his electronic ballot. First Lady Michelle Obama also voted today, sending in an absentee ballot by mail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week