resident Obama on Thursday became the first sitting president to cast his vote early, part of a push by his campaign to encourage early voting. Obama voted at a station in his hometown of Chicago, after having his identification checked by a poll worker. (Obama told him to just ignore the fact that he has no gray hair in his picture.) "I can't tell you who I voted for," Obama told reporters after he successfully submitted his electronic ballot. First Lady Michelle Obama also voted today, sending in an absentee ballot by mail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week