Why it's time to repeal the gun laws that allow people to shoot intruders
A tragic killing in Montana proves once again that these laws do more to encourage violence than to prevent it, says Emily Bazelon at Slate
The NYPD is developing a new type of scanner that allows police to find hidden guns without the need for frisking.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- How to deep fry a turkey
Subscribe to the Week