Why it's time to repeal the gun laws that allow people to shoot intruders
A tragic killing in Montana proves once again that these laws do more to encourage violence than to prevent it, says Emily Bazelon at Slate
The NYPD is developing a new type of scanner that allows police to find hidden guns without the need for frisking.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
Subscribe to the Week