Amazon: A black hole threatening to devour corporate America?
Incredibly, Wall Street seems on board with an Amazon business strategy that doesn't require the company to actually make profits, says Matthew Yglesias at Slate
Online retail giant Amazon is reportedly planning to open a high-end, Apple-like store in Seattle to show off its growing line of Kindle products and accessories.
CC BY: Aurelijus Valeisa
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week