Amazon: A black hole threatening to devour corporate America?
Incredibly, Wall Street seems on board with an Amazon business strategy that doesn't require the company to actually make profits, says Matthew Yglesias at Slate
Online retail giant Amazon is reportedly planning to open a high-end, Apple-like store in Seattle to show off its growing line of Kindle products and accessories.
CC BY: Aurelijus Valeisa
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Today in history: The birth of the federal income tax
Subscribe to the Week