Former pop star Gary Glitter, who is a convicted pedophile, was arrested in London on Sunday in connection with the ongoing investigation into alleged sexual abuse by the late BBC television star Jimmy Savile. Glitter was allegedly arrested "on suspicion of sexual offenses." Savile, who died in 2011, became the subject of the vast investigation after 300 people recently came forward alleging Savile had assaulted them over his long career with the BBC.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week