Former pop star Gary Glitter, who is a convicted pedophile, was arrested in London on Sunday in connection with the ongoing investigation into alleged sexual abuse by the late BBC television star Jimmy Savile. Glitter was allegedly arrested "on suspicion of sexual offenses." Savile, who died in 2011, became the subject of the vast investigation after 300 people recently came forward alleging Savile had assaulted them over his long career with the BBC.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How languages are like food
Subscribe to the Week