How we can make middle school less terrible
Everyone hates middle school, say Joshua Glenn and Elizabeth Foy Larsen at Slate. Thankfully, this crucial, oft-ignored part of your kids' education is getting a makeover
A network of Chicago charter schools is trying to develop conscientious students by fining them for certain behaviors, from untied shoelaces to untucked shirts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week