eventeen people abandoned a 180-foot replica of the HMS Bounty early Monday after it became stranded 90 miles off the North Carolina coast in 18-foot seas whipped up by Hurricane Sandy. "The 17 person crew donned cold water survival suits and life jackets before launching in two 25-man lifeboats with canopies," the Coast Guard said. The Coast Guard sent out an aircraft to search for the crew after receiving a distress call, saying the three-mast vessel, which has appeared in several movies, was adrift and taking on water.
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- 10 works of literature that were exceptionally hard to write
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
Subscribe to the Week