Hurricane Sandy: 7 foreboding newspaper front pages
"State forecast: A catastrophe," screams New Jersey's Star-Ledger
Motorists head north on the Loop Parkway in Lido Beach, N.Y., as Hurricane Sandy approaches on Oct. 27.
Bruce Bennett/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week