itt Romney's campaign canceled events planned for Monday and Tuesday in Wisconsin and Iowa, where Romney himself was scheduled to speak, and in Florida, where his running mate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) had been planning to stump. "Governor Romney believes this is a time for the nation and its leaders to come together to focus on those Americans who are in harm's way," a campaign spokesperson said. Romney will still attend an event in Ohio. Meanwhile, President Obama is monitoring the storm in Washington, after canceling his own Florida appearance.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week