itt Romney's campaign canceled events planned for Monday and Tuesday in Wisconsin and Iowa, where Romney himself was scheduled to speak, and in Florida, where his running mate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) had been planning to stump. "Governor Romney believes this is a time for the nation and its leaders to come together to focus on those Americans who are in harm's way," a campaign spokesperson said. Romney will still attend an event in Ohio. Meanwhile, President Obama is monitoring the storm in Washington, after canceling his own Florida appearance.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week