Mitt Romney's campaign canceled events planned for Monday and Tuesday in Wisconsin and Iowa, where Romney himself was scheduled to speak, and in Florida, where his running mate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) had been planning to stump. "Governor Romney believes this is a time for the nation and its leaders to come together to focus on those Americans who are in harm's way," a campaign spokesperson said. Romney will still attend an event in Ohio. Meanwhile, President Obama is monitoring the storm in Washington, after canceling his own Florida appearance.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week