A new Washington Post/ABC News poll released on Monday showed that the presidential race is tied, with both President Obama and Mitt Romney receiving the support of 49 percent of likely voters. The poll is the latest evidence that the race is neck-and-neck heading into the final week of the campaign, which has been largely suspended due to the arrival of Hurricane Sandy on the East Coast.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why we gossip, according to science
Subscribe to the Week