After shuttering its trading floor for two straight days, the New York Stock Exchange announced that it would reopen on Wednesday. "We are pleased to be able to return to normal trading tomorrow," said NYSE Euronext CEO Duncan Niederauer in a statement. "Our building and systems were not damaged and our people have been working diligently to ensure that we have a smooth opening tomorrow."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week