fter shuttering its trading floor for two straight days, the New York Stock Exchange announced that it would reopen on Wednesday. "We are pleased to be able to return to normal trading tomorrow," said NYSE Euronext CEO Duncan Niederauer in a statement. "Our building and systems were not damaged and our people have been working diligently to ensure that we have a smooth opening tomorrow."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week