After shuttering its trading floor for two straight days, the New York Stock Exchange announced that it would reopen on Wednesday. "We are pleased to be able to return to normal trading tomorrow," said NYSE Euronext CEO Duncan Niederauer in a statement. "Our building and systems were not damaged and our people have been working diligently to ensure that we have a smooth opening tomorrow."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week