After shuttering its trading floor for two straight days, the New York Stock Exchange announced that it would reopen on Wednesday. "We are pleased to be able to return to normal trading tomorrow," said NYSE Euronext CEO Duncan Niederauer in a statement. "Our building and systems were not damaged and our people have been working diligently to ensure that we have a smooth opening tomorrow."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week