What do birds do during hurricanes?
Because birds are so attuned to shifts in barometric pressure, they can often sense ahead of time when a storm is brewing
In Plaquemines Parish, La., birds fly on Sept. 2 above flooding caused by Hurricane Isaac: Hundreds of thousands of Pelican State residents are still without power.
Mario Tama/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
Subscribe to the Week