he Walt Disney Company is acquiring Lucasfilm — including the Star Wars film series — for $4.05 billion, with plans to release a seventh film in the classic sci-fi franchise in 2015. According to a release about the deal, Disney also plans to produce even more movies to "grow the franchise well into the future." Star Wars creator George Lucas said that "it's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers," adding that he has "always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."
- 10 things you need to know today: December 6, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- How I cut my family's monthly budget by $1,000
Top 7 insane homeowners association rules
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Are Democrats backing the GOP into another government shutdown?
Subscribe to the Week