On Tuesday, an adorable little girl from Fort Collins, Colo., unwittingly captured the mood of the nation when she began sobbing after hearing yet another reference to the 2012 presidential election. "I'm tired of Bronco Bama and Mitt Romney," wept 4-year-old Abigael Evans as her mother reassured her that the election will be over soon. 9NEWS reports that Abigael began crying when her mother, Elizabeth, tuned in to an NPR discussion of the presidential election on their way to the grocery store. Hang in there, Abigael — there's less than one week until Election Day. Then we can start talking about 2016. In the meantime, watch:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week